A few months ago I went on a diet, that changed my life. I finally feel confident and healthy after my time in California. Along with the diet change, I started working out and genuinely pushing myself. Most mornings, I wake up, and I go for a jog, a few miles if I have time. Three months ago, I was 205 pounds and only able to jog for about two minutes before getting tired or panting so hard I had to stop. I currently am 165 and can jog three miles before needing a break. I could not be more proud of myself. Each morning I get back home, and I am immediately astounded at what I have put my body through and what I am capable of doing now. I mentally and physically, could not do what I do now if I was still in California. The move has been an incredible change for me; I regret no-decisions.
Running has been a valuable life lesson. I have learned so many things on my long runs.
1. I have learned the importance of turning off your apps and running disconnected from the world.
2. It is crucial to have time for yourself and to take a mental break.
3. It is okay to talk to yourself on your runs; it is a great way to sort things out without getting outside opinions.
4. You are forced to learn how to breathe, and this is one of the best ways to practice mindful breathing.
5. Chafing happens to the best of us, Vaseline helps.
Running for long periods is something not everyone will enjoy, for me it’s more like a form of meditation and time for me to escape all of my problems. We all deserve a break; it’s part of maintaining a happy and healthy lifestyle.